The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Omix-ADA Main and Rod bearings  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Mark W.

• Willys Fan
  • Chug A Lug
    • View Profile
Omix-ADA Main and Rod bearings
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:34 PM »
Has anyone on the forum used Omix-ADA main and or Rod Bearings in their engine rebuild? If so any comments on them and I would like to know how many miles you have on those bearings?

I am not interested in reading warnings from anyone who hasn't used them. I have read pages of warnings in the last couple days. What I haven't seen is one person who has used them commenting on any problems they have had with them.

Through no fault of my own I find myself with a set of Main and Rod bearings for my engine. I was specifically told by the seller their bearings came from either Clevite or Federal Mogal. The package that arrived contained Omix-ADA MADE IN CHINA bearings.

So I would like to hear some actual personal experience with these bearings.

Mark W.
Chug A Lug

1948 CJ2A Tub and Title
1949 CJ3A Windshield
1957 CJ5� �Frame and Springs
134L T90 9.25" D18 D25 and D44 30 spline
11" Brakes, Saginaw Steering, 12V electrical
currently in a zillion pi

Offline garage gnome

• Flatfender Master
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Omix-ADA Main and Rod bearings
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:15 AM »
When I rebuilt my '53s engine years ago, the machine shop got Clevite bearings for me. Have you tried that? I would go after the seller and tell them to get the right ones.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Mark W.

• Willys Fan
  • Chug A Lug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
OH I emailed the seller right away. Waiting to hear back from them. As to getting Clevite bearings that is one of the two choices they told me they sold. And what I expected to receive. I will order from another Supplier (slightly more expensive) after I talk with them on the telephone and confirm they are selling Clevite 77 bearings.

its always something
Chug A Lug

1948 CJ2A Tub and Title
1949 CJ3A Windshield
1957 CJ5� �Frame and Springs
134L T90 9.25" D18 D25 and D44 30 spline
11" Brakes, Saginaw Steering, 12V electrical
currently in a zillion pi

Offline Carls_jeep

• Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »
The problem is many of the rod and main bearings that have the old name brand on the box are now made over seas. Go to an engine machine shop and ask them what they use and can guarantee to their customers. Get what they recommend.