The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Side Doors from Factory?  (Read 2624 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JeepFever

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 253
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • '2A trail/work - '3A project
    • View Profile
Side Doors from Factory?
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:35:24 PM »
.
I am removing this hardware for paint.� �I most likely will NOT be adding any doors in foreseeable future,� �so wondering if I should weld up the holes.� � (there are a couple sets.� :) )

I would leave the holes,� if there from factory.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:37:38 PM by JeepFever »

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
The ones for the hinge are factory (on the right). The two circled in blue look the the factory ones for the door track.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:44:18 AM by garage_gnome »
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Your door hinge, in its current, appears to have been moved.  I believe mine matches G-nomes position...and the circled holes in your photo.

2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »
Yeah, I was looking at the body seam in comparison to the top hole. I agree, it was moved up for some reason.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline JeepFever

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 253
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • '2A trail/work - '3A project
    • View Profile
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »
Thanks guys . .� I will not weld shut the original holes.  (the upper blue circle,  and the lower arrow)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:17:46 PM by JeepFever »