My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Side Doors from Factory?
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Side Doors from Factory? (Read 2625 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
JeepFever
Willys Guru
Posts: 253
Karma: +0/-0
'2A trail/work - '3A project
Side Doors from Factory?
«
on:
March 11, 2016, 01:35:24 PM »
Quote
.
I am removing this hardware for paint.� �I most likely will NOT be adding any doors in foreseeable future,� �so wondering if I should weld up the holes.� � (there are a couple sets.�
)
I would leave the holes,� if there from factory.
«
Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:37:38 PM by JeepFever
»
Logged
garage gnome
Flatfender Master
Posts: 1947
Karma: +0/-0
Rustologist
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
«
Reply #1 on:
March 12, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
Quote
The ones for the hinge are factory (on the right). The two circled in blue look the the factory ones for the door track.
«
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:44:18 AM by garage_gnome
»
Logged
Nate in Western MA
1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
«
Reply #2 on:
March 12, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Quote
Your door hinge, in its current, appears to have been moved. I believe mine matches G-nomes position...and the circled holes in your photo.
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
garage gnome
Flatfender Master
Posts: 1947
Karma: +0/-0
Rustologist
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
«
Reply #3 on:
March 12, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »
Quote
Yeah, I was looking at the body seam in comparison to the top hole. I agree, it was moved up for some reason.
Logged
Nate in Western MA
1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted
JeepFever
Willys Guru
Posts: 253
Karma: +0/-0
'2A trail/work - '3A project
Re: Side Doors from Factory?
«
Reply #4 on:
March 12, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »
Quote
Thanks guys . .� I will not weld shut the original holes. (the upper blue circle, and the lower arrow)
«
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:17:46 PM by JeepFever
»
Logged
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Side Doors from Factory?