The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: My cj3A  (Read 57303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »
Hey Rick, I just happened to stumble upon your project here.  What if you were to start a separate thread on this project so your stuff would be easy to find and be all in one place?  Just a thought, I need all the help I can get!  ;)
Tom


Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »
Hi Tom.. when I took over Medskers project he and I talked about continuing this thread. It is, after all, the same jeep just a different monkey bending the wrench. 8-)
OD MULE MC51986

Offline Oilleaker1

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Automotive Archeology/ Jeep Disease, Green Diseas
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »
Talked with Muley today. He mentioned going to Sparky's Garage in Dillon for a tuneup.  8-) This 3A found itself a good home. We'll see it in action before too long. Another one to join the group. Oilly

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
Ahhhh...got it, Rick.  Missed that it was the same jeep. 
Carry on...
Tom


Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
just goofin off.. needed to see a "jeep grin" on the project..
OD MULE MC51986

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:49 PM »
Will we see this one on the trails sometime this year?  Or maybe next year? 

No pressure. [smiley=happy.gif]
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »
Quote
No pressure. [smiley=happy.gif]

Thanks Hawk-I'm in no hurry, the joy here is the fact that it IS a project-a release from the workday after dealing with clients.. You and I will share some trail dust this year non the less. 
OD MULE MC51986

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2017, 05:18:59 PM »
Ah yes.  There are many like us that need that "project".  It's a great time to contemplate, and to disconnect a bit.

I feel you my friend.

2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »
Not the 1st guy to do this I'm sure. Worn clutch rod upgrade. Orig design left much to be desired but I'm sure Mr. Willy didn't count on these little rigs to still be around after 65YR.
OD MULE MC51986

Offline mtnman37879

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »
Quote
Not the 1st guy to do this I'm sure. Worn clutch rod upgrade. Orig design left much to be desired but I'm sure Mr. Willy didn't count on these little rigs to still be around after 65YR.
You may want to add nuts above the clevises to act as lock nuts.
People think I go out of my way to * them off.
Trust me, It's not out of my way at all.

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2017, 12:58:16 PM »
Quote
Quote
Not the 1st guy to do this I'm sure. Worn clutch rod upgrade. Orig design left much to be desired but I'm sure Mr. Willy didn't count on these little rigs to still be around after 65YR.
You may want to add nuts above the clevises to act as lock nuts.
I considered it but since both ends are rt hand threaded it wont move once installed.
OD MULE MC51986

Offline mtnman37879

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Quote
Quote
Quote
Not the 1st guy to do this I'm sure. Worn clutch rod upgrade. Orig design left much to be desired but I'm sure Mr. Willy didn't count on these little rigs to still be around after 65YR.
You may want to add nuts above the clevises to act as lock nuts.
I considered it but since both ends are rt hand threaded it wont move once installed.
With both ends right hand thread the whole rod can turn. While this won't change the distance between clevises the rod can turn in the threads and could work it's way loose if there was enough slack. If one end was left and the other right it would be sort of locked in place when the clevises were pinned in place, it could still turn given some slack. A lock nut keeps it from moving, guaranteed. 
People think I go out of my way to * them off.
Trust me, It's not out of my way at all.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
Good Mod. 

Muley, I must agree with MtnMan.  While unlikely, it could back out. 

If you can't find a set of nuts, I'll send you a couple. ;D ;D ;)
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
Quote
Good Mod.�

Muley, I must agree with MtnMan.� While unlikely, it could back out.�

If you can't find a set of nuts, I'll send you a couple. ;D ;D ;)
:o :o :o
OD MULE MC51986

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: My cj3A
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
OK then.. I had a small stash of 5/16-24 and it's done.. Happy now? I appreciate the offer of your spare pair Sir Hawk but you're still young, save 'em for later..

MtnMan ..I do not know you on a personal level like my pal Hawk, but that means no less. Real Jeep trail time creates lifelong bonds-join us.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:03:31 PM by MC51986 »
OD MULE MC51986