The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: WTB Temp Gauge  (Read 1476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TWN51

  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
WTB Temp Gauge
« on: May 12, 2023, 04:15:24 PM »
My 51 3A has a cheap reproduction temp gauge in it and I would like to replace it with an original temp gauge. If you have an original one - even if it needs repairs, I would be interested.
Thanks
Tom

Offline Hamhog

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Emerald Green 1948 CJ2A
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 09:08:51 PM »
I've got one. Let me dig it out and see if it works.
Dave

Offline TWN51

  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 08:46:04 PM »
Thanks Dave. Just let me know. Tom

Offline Hamhog

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Emerald Green 1948 CJ2A
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 03:13:59 PM »
There’s an original on eBay for $98. Item 125941412917
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 03:15:45 PM by Hamhog »
Dave

Offline Hamhog

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Emerald Green 1948 CJ2A
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 06:49:19 PM »
The one I have has the bulb broken off. I'm sure it can be repaired but don't know by who or how much it'd cost.
Dave

Offline TWN51

  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 07:22:26 AM »
I had one repaired several years ago. If the gauge is in decent shape otherwise, I would be interested.

Offline TWN51

  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 07:40:19 AM »
I checked out the gauge on ebay. I believe that the correct gauge reads the temperature from roughly the 10 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position for the 51. I could be wrong...

Offline Hamhog

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 42
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Emerald Green 1948 CJ2A
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Temp Gauge
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 10:27:12 AM »
I didn't realize they were different. The one I have is the earlier (probably CJ2A style) version, like the one on eBay. I'll keep an eye out for the one you need though.
Dave