The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Some Posts Not Visible  (Read 820 times)

Offline Chris P

Re: Some Posts Not Visible
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »
What Steve mentioned makes a lot of sense to me. New users or guest users, by the way, are not being impacted by this bug. It seems to be only with some "old" users. It does happen to me.

Rus, let me share some more IT details to explain what happened when you refreshed the page and you were then logged-in in all tabs.
Web browsers manage the access to a given site as A session. You can open multiple tabs as Guest and they are all the same session, just different screens. When you log-in in one tab, a new session is open in that screen. All open tabs are like a picture of that you last did in that tab and will keep unchanged. If you refresh a given tab, the browser will notice there is one new session that you recently opened in one of the tabs. Hence all tabs will show the "new picture" under this username session.
Since the bug is affecting "old" users and you just logged-in then post disappeared.

Does this help to understand what had happened with your tabs?
Cheers!
Chris
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:58:32 AM by Chris P »
Chris

1943 Ford G.P.W (located in Argentina)
1944 Willys MB (located in Argentina)
1948 Willys CJ2A (located in Mexico)
1956 Willys CJ3B (located in Mexico)
New: 1957 Willys CJ5 (located in Mexico)

Online SteveKfl

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »
When viewing in the "guest mode", have you tried to post comments?  I wouldn't think you would be able to without logging in as a "member", also to show your "signature" as it does on other topics.  FYI, I've designated as "always logged in on my profile, so there is no logged out status removal possibly.  When you log out of "guest", you go back to beginning "status' possibly.  Just thinking out loud some.  I'm not computer savvy by any stretch of the imagination.  I really appreciate all the time administrators have to put in to maintain this site.  Thanks!
My Concept Roadster
62 DJ3A Dispatcher Half Top

Online Rus Curtis

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 01:14:33 PM »
.....as Guest and they are all the same session, just different screens. When you log-in in one tab, a new session is open in that screen. All open tabs are like a picture of that you last did in that tab and will keep unchanged. If you refresh a given tab, the browser will notice there is one new session that you recently opened in one of the tabs. Hence all tabs will show the "new picture" under this username session......
Cheers!
Chris

Yes, I follow all that.  That's exactly why I refreshed to see if the old "picture" would remain or update - recognizing I'm "logged in"  - and it did, making those newly visible posts disappear again.  I provided that detail in hopes smarter people than me can go in and see what may be causing the missing posts to only appear when logged out vs. registered members.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Rus

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2020, 01:17:52 PM »
Testing post logged out.  Note says it will not display until approved.

Rus Curtis

Online Rus Curtis

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »
Additionally, I just posted as "guest" to see what that looks like.  May take a while to see it - requires approval.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 06:09:21 PM »
It's a very busy time for me right now but I didn't forget you and I will look for a solution as soon as I can.
Sorry for the delay.
Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Online Rus Curtis

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2020, 09:48:03 PM »
Hey Pascal, we know your busy!  We're just batting around ideas in hopes that it might be useful when the time comes!

For me, at least there's a way to see the posts until then!
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline derekredmond

• SMF Administrator
  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • CJ3B.info
    • View Profile
    • CJ3B.info
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
There is a new guest post awaiting approval, at https://cj3apage.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4802.msg37913#msg37913

To me it is blank, so I hesitate to approve it.  But If I log out I won't be able to see the post at all because it hasn't been approved. 

Maybe another moderator can try.

Derek
Derek Redmond
Kingston, Ontario
https://CJ3B.info