The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Cushman Scooter project  (Read 35 times)

Offline SteveW

• Willys Guru
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Cushman Scooter project
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:26:55 AM »
I thought I had started something here a while back but probably not.  This is a 1946 Series 50 Cushman Step through scooter. My Dad brought it down from Ohio in the 70's and drove it around the neighborhood mostly to embarrass my sister who had friends in her car and they would say isn't that your Dad? We rode it off and on through the years and he put a lot of work into engine and sometimes just fixed things to keep it going. He died in 2003 and later that year my nephew drove it for Homecoming week at the High School so that was end until now. I brought it to my house some years ago thinking a quick turnaround but oh well and it is finally going to get finished. Here is the pic's I have taken or most of them and I have video of the engine running but have to figure out how to post video files. Since I have a workshop now I can get caught up.

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgallery.php?cat=2823

Tried to upload video but hit a snag so later on that
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:03:22 PM by SteveW »
1950 CJ3A complete except for top. 1950 CJ3A in process of being sold to a friend. 1946 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Step Thru Scooter.

Online Rus Curtis

Re: Cushman Scooter project
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 11:45:54 AM »
I didn't know it was a thing, but after retiring back to Alabama, a guy I knew from HS is a Cushman collector (he's got over 20 I think) and they have reunions and rallies too.

As I was looking at your album, I noticed links to the side.  I copied the "medium" link (left click in window to highlight, then right click to copy) and then just pasted here.  You'll want to ensure it has the img and /img in brackets at the front and end of the address to make sure it posts.  Then preview to see if it works.

Nice!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:52:11 AM by Rus Curtis »
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline SteveW

• Willys Guru
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Cushman Scooter project
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 01:22:40 PM »
Apparently the video is in a format that I can't attach. My wife took it on her phone and sent it to me. It is a mov which won't load.  I know I can post all pic's from my album and have done it here a lot. Just see no point and later as new work is completed I will. Yes Cushman's are a fairly big deal and serious restorations can command big bucks.
1950 CJ3A complete except for top. 1950 CJ3A in process of being sold to a friend. 1946 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Step Thru Scooter.