The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Belleview winch install on my "B"  (Read 102 times)

Offline JeffH

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Ol skool jeeper
    • View Profile
Belleview winch install on my "B"
« on: January 11, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »
It's been a long road but I finally got my rebuilt Belleview winch installed on my CJ3B. I originally installed the winch with the bumper in the original location but found the lever to engage the winch was too close to the grill to operate.  So I added spacer blocks to move it forward 1". I beefed up the orig bumper mounting to handle the winch. Still need to buy/install the winch controls and wind the removed cable back onto the winch.

'53 CJ3B, 11" brakes, Lockrights, Belleview winch soon to be added, original Jackman rims!

Offline oldtime

Re: Belleview winch install on my "B"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 02:24:14 PM »
Cool Bellview set up !

Offline JeffH

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Ol skool jeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 04:49:16 PM »
Here's the just got it home pic! Can't believe it was just a few miles down the road from my home in Gawja, best $75 purchase I've made other than beer LOL
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:54:15 PM by JeffH »
'53 CJ3B, 11" brakes, Lockrights, Belleview winch soon to be added, original Jackman rims!

Offline JeffH

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Ol skool jeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 03:00:40 PM »
Spooled up the 150' 5/16 that came on the winch when purchased, I swapped ends and cut off about 6' to remove a kink and frayed area. Been researching a heavy duty continous duty solenoid to replace the blade switch that powers the winch through the 3rd push pull cable.  I ordered a 500 amp NVX solenoid and went to Napa for the other two control cables and a push button switch to power the switch when needed. Still need the battery cables to supply power, going to use 2/0 sized cables. Winch operates great with only a jumper cable installed on motor to spool the cable.

Offline oldtime

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 10:24:58 AM »
Looks like the drum easily handles 150" of the 5/16" cable.