The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: "37751"  (Read 1053 times)

Online OnlyOneDR

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Just Started Playing With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: "37751"
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »
I found a bare Newgren lift frame in an old for sale ad without the cylinder, tank, valve, or slip-on lift arms.  The pivots are free and it will work with the clevis parts I previously bought.  I will need some minor repairs and I need make all three lift arms for it and retrofit a hydraulic cylinder but I am excited that I found one.  I go pick it up in a couple weeks; super excited that the owner never sold the parts as they were listed a year and a half ago.

Still no luck on the PTO pulley but I will keep searching.  I think after I find that I will have all the "obscure" stuff and can get to the mundane parts like the radiator and fuel tank.

I don't know when I will get more pictures to make this thread interesting.  For now I guess it is just a chronology of finding parts and pieces.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig

Online OnlyOneDR

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
Found a second King-Seeley single-speed governor, bought an NOS Harrison underdash heater switch, and a chain clutch control which should help with front PTO shaft clearance.  The garage attic is getting full.  Time to actually get a few of the "necessary" pieces to get the engine running (gas tank, radiator).

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »
Once the parts start falling into place the momentum can really take over!  Nice work sourcing parts!
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Online OnlyOneDR

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2020, 02:04:42 PM »
Nice work sourcing parts!

I can thank the COVID-19 for this.  Only useful thing it did was put me in front of the computer all day, every day so I can keep up with Craigslist, auctions, board classifieds, etc.  On slower days one screen has these going and normal work on the other.  Normally I would not be in front of the computer this much, maybe 25% of the time.

Found an M606 ventilating windshield frame that needs work and snagged the dually adapters on the CJ2A page that need repairs.  I guess if I go dual rear I will need another pair of wheels, and of course tires.  Hmm.  Then still that pesky need for a -3B or early -5 D44 for the limited slip I bought.

I think it is time for a WTB add for a radiator and shroud.  I really cannot stomach new prices on those; I thought about the Champion but there is something about it I just don't like.

Online OnlyOneDR

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 05:35:23 PM »
My WTB post on the 2A board netted a radiator and shroud last week.  Once it shows up tomorrow I can take it in to have it evaluated to see if it is any good or if it needs to be re-cored.