The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Help! 51 CJ3A  (Read 102275 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 51 CJ3A
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Quote
I came over here to see what "Hawky" was doing. I have a 3A too you know. I don't descriminate when it comes to Jeeps---LOL.� 8-) Oilly
 
I know you have a whole barn full of stuff.   (I'm looking forward to seeing it.)  I just haven't seen you poke in over here for a while.  I know what it is...You're needing a Willys "fix"...and it's pretty quiet out there in the forum world right now. :D

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline SSG T

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 151
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Hooah
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 51 CJ3A
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2015, 11:04:01 PM »
You think one of those cheapo $35 harbor fraight one will work? She's running good you can just hear the miss fire slightly. Also, the distributor hits that little screw or w.e it is when turning it counter clock wise. What suggestions do you guys have for that? That one wire alternator didn't come with the wire for the 12v convertion. What size does it have to be? Thanks a lot guys.

Offline gmcjr

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Even a blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 51 CJ3A
« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
Quote
I came over here to see what "Hawky" was doing. I have a 3A too you know. I don't descriminate when it comes to Jeeps---LOL.� 8-) Oilly


We'll just say Oily is a Equal Opportunity Jeeper! 
Gary in N. Texas
51 CJ-3A (old Trusty)
52 Ford 8n (ugly duckling)
46Farmall B (old Rusty)
18 Wrangler Jk

Offline SSG T

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 151
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Hooah
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 51 CJ3A
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2015, 12:51:31 AM »
You think one of those cheapo $35 harbor fraight one will work? She's running good you can just hear the miss fire slightly. Also, the distributor hits that little screw or w.e it is when turning it counter clock wise. What suggestions do you guys have for that? That one wire alternator didn't come with the wire for the 12v convertion. What size does it have to be? Thanks a lot guys.

Offline SSG T

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 151
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Hooah
    • View Profile
Re: Help! 51 CJ3A
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2015, 01:40:22 PM »
Alright guys I'm back for some advice. Got her converted to 12v and she's running good. Timing is still a little off but i got a friend with a a timing light. New problem is I noticed she was leaning low on the passenger side. Sure enough had a broken leaf spring. Just got two new springs and 4 new shocks. My question is should I be changing my front springs too? They aren't broken but is the rear going to be high then the front? Thanks