The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Grounding?  (Read 1177 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BMIC

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Weekend Mechanic
    • View Profile
Grounding?
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
Where are the best grounding locations for both the battery ground and the braided engine to frame ground?
Thanks
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Grounding?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
Here's what I did...and I never realize how dirty my Jeep really is until I take close-up flash pictures. Geez, what a slob:



« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:27:26 AM by Ryan_M »
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline BMIC

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Weekend Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Grounding?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
Thanks Ryan, I was thinking the samething but got questioning the engine plate to frame location because of the engine plate gasket being a possible insulator. Maybe the engine block itself is a better ground but where? And maybe I'm just over thinking this?
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Grounding?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
BMIC,

I have the two grounds that Ryan shows, + a ground attached to a flywheel bolt and over to my frame. It was on my Willys when I got it, so I left it.  This might address your concerns about the engine plate gasket.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A