My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Grounding?
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Grounding? (Read 1178 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
BMIC
Willys Guru
Posts: 406
Karma: +0/-0
Weekend Mechanic
Grounding?
«
on:
February 22, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
Quote
Where are the best grounding locations for both the battery ground and the braided engine to frame ground?
Thanks
Logged
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC
Ryan_M
Flatfender Master
Posts: 1704
Karma: +0/-0
Re: Grounding?
«
Reply #1 on:
February 22, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
Quote
Here's what I did...and I never realize how dirty my Jeep really is until I take close-up flash pictures. Geez, what a slob:
«
Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:27:26 AM by Ryan_M
»
Logged
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi
BMIC
Willys Guru
Posts: 406
Karma: +0/-0
Weekend Mechanic
Re: Grounding?
«
Reply #2 on:
February 22, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
Quote
Thanks Ryan, I was thinking the samething but got questioning the engine plate to frame location because of the engine plate gasket being a possible insulator. Maybe the engine block itself is a better ground but where? And maybe I'm just over thinking this?
Logged
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: Grounding?
«
Reply #3 on:
February 22, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
Quote
BMIC,
I have the two grounds that Ryan shows, + a ground attached to a flywheel bolt and over to my frame. It was on my Willys when I got it, so I left it. This might address your concerns about the engine plate gasket.
Tim
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Grounding?