The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Front Engine Plate Gap?  (Read 7614 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Front Engine Plate Gap?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
Thanks Larry
Anybody know of a rally near Minnesota?
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Front Engine Plate Gap?
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Hey fellow Willys fans.

I appreciate the responses and ideas, but 30 minutes after Bills post, I welded in the gap. �I wouldn't have been able to sleep otherwise. �It turned out great. �The hole is sealed. �For extra measure, I used a little gasket maker. �

Bill, you may be home now and have already looked at yours, but here is what is behind the plate in that area...air.



Have I mentioned how much I like this forum?

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline rocketeer

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1328
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Support Our Troops.
    • View Profile
Re: Front Engine Plate Gap?
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
Nicely done.

Larry