My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles?? (Read 9456 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
«
Reply #15 on:
May 04, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »
Quote
You're right.� I think a made an assumption that the 27 arrived on the scene the same time the 44 shows up.
Man I hate when assumptions are made...especially by yours truly.
That said, Jersey may have a 41 or 44.
Tim
«
Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:37:24 PM by athawk11
»
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
Ryan_M
Flatfender Master
Posts: 1704
Karma: +0/-0
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
«
Reply #16 on:
May 05, 2015, 06:11:14 AM »
Quote
M38's have a 25 and a 44 which is why I questioned it in the first place. I'm not even really sure what the true difference is between a 25 and 27 is anyways. Axles are a little thicker on the 27 maybe? I know the differentials are not interchangeable but again I'm not really sure why.
Logged
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
«
Reply #17 on:
May 05, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Quote
I replaced the spider gears in my 25. Walck's sells this kit as interchangeable between the 25 and 27. I wonder if the inner axle shafts are better, or the ring and pinion has changed on the 27.
There are so many other fun things I would rather do, but I guess it's time for a little axle research.
Tim
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
Reply
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??