The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??  (Read 9456 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »
You're right.� I think a made an assumption that the 27 arrived on the scene the same time the 44 shows up.

Man I hate when assumptions are made...especially by yours truly.

That said, Jersey may have a 41 or 44.

Tim
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:37:24 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 06:11:14 AM »
M38's have a 25 and a 44 which is why I questioned it in the first place. I'm not even really sure what the true difference is between a 25 and 27 is anyways. Axles are a little thicker on the 27 maybe? I know the differentials are not interchangeable but again I'm not really sure why.
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong brake shoes for a 51, different year axles??
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
I replaced the spider gears in my 25. Walck's sells this kit as interchangeable between the 25 and 27.  I wonder if the inner axle shafts are better, or the ring and pinion has changed on the 27.
 
There are so many other fun things I would rather do, but I guess it's time for a little axle research. :P

Tim 
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A