The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Picked my new jeep up today  (Read 15131 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ranchhopper

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 92
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Picked my new jeep up today
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
Made good progress today the tub has been unbolted and ready to go one last thing to do is pull the steering gear and get the column out all electric has been removed. The tool box is an add on the pitted metal doesnt match the smooth unrusted metal of the tub and its easy to tell it was welded in at a later date. The driver side gas tank was added too it had a spot where it rubbed through on a raised piece of metal it will go to the radiator shop tomorrow and be repaired to be sold off its spotless inside too. I am going to stick with the rear tank I am going to run it to the radiator shop as well and have it boiled out and checked for leaks tomorrow looks like the gauge holes were cut into the dash with a hole saw dont know if the dash was replaced or not looks to be factory the welds match up with the rest of the tub. Sold off the wheels and tires today and the roll bar I have a line on four stock wheels with tires already on them so I am going to buy them and I will have plenty left over for the media blaster.