The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Hawk's CJ3A 13655  (Read 225185 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:47 AM »
Well, after 6 months of hell, frustrations and agony, I finally have the title and plates for this darn thing.  I want to take it for its first legal spin, but I can't. 

I had surgery to fix a torn rotator cuff and partially torn biceps. My shoulder had been bothering me for nearly 2 years. I had no idea it was this severe.  :-?

Hopefully, I'll be ready for the coming driving season.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »
I just worked up the nerve to challenge Hawk to an arm wrestle.. Heal up quick my friend, we got miles to jeep this summer!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:13:40 PM by MC51986 »
OD MULE MC51986

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:49 PM »
Bad luck, Tim.  I hope you're 100% very soon.  I want to see the new ride running.
Tom


Offline Oilleaker1

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Automotive Archeology/ Jeep Disease, Green Diseas
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2017, 05:39:51 PM »
You can ride with me Tim! Oilly

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
Thank you Gentlemen! I appreciate it.�

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:19:15 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline 64CJ5

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 76
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2017, 08:22:31 PM »
That's a tough way to get out of shoveling snow.  Do your therapy and get well soon.   
The sun never sets on the mighty Jeep.

Offline Kirkski

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 526
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »
Heal well Tim, I know the agony well after totaling my Harley last April.

I trust you'll be on the mend soon!
'52 CJ-3A

Offline Tumbleweed

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 49 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »
Quote
Well, after 6 months of hell, frustrations and agony, I finally have the title and plates for this darn thing.� I want to take it for its first legal spin, but I can't.�

I had surgery to fix a torn rotator cuff and partially torn biceps. My shoulder had been bothering me for nearly 2 years. I had no idea it was this severe.� :-?

Hopefully, I'll be ready for the coming driving season.

Tim


What Tim didn't tell us was just how tough he really is!

They did the surgery through the nose!!!!!

Hang in there Tim and do your therapy - 12oz can curls I hear is good!
49 CJ3A - "Smokey"
53 Willys Wagon - "Wylie"

Offline trijjicon

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2017, 07:57:01 AM »
Sorry to hear about ur pain in the shoulders & the agony u went thru on ur project! More than a few of us can attest to what u went & r going thru. Pace urself so u don't re-injure. Get urself back out on the trails. Take care.   Randy

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #444 on: January 24, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
I guess it�s what we all face as we get old.  Time slips by so fast�and seems to accelerate as the years pass.  I feel like a 30 year old guy�until I look in the mirror. :-?

As you all know, this vehicle takes both arms to drive.  I fully intend on seeing many of you on the trails this summer and fall!  Just cut me some slack when you�re behind me�and wondering why I�m driving like a dumb-*rear end. :-[

Thank you all for the Well Wishes.  I really do appreciate it.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #445 on: February 08, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
Rachel took her first �legal� trip in Whitey this past weekend.� A grocery run.� Big smile on her face. (Made my day.)
 
Regarding starting and shifting; there is still a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but she�ll figure it out.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:32:29 PM by athawk11 »
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RICKG

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • I never met a mule i didn't like.
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #446 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
No fair Tim! We need a pic with the smiley owner behind the wheel doing the "jeep wave".. Glad Rachel is so happy with it..
OD MULE MC51986

Offline Tumbleweed

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 516
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 49 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
[size=22]WOW
I like it!
[/size]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:11:02 PM by grfranks »
49 CJ3A - "Smokey"
53 Willys Wagon - "Wylie"

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #448 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:49 PM »
It sure stands out in a crowd!

I think you achieved your goal of a "Happy" jeep...

Not your average grocery getter..:)
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk's 1949 CJ3A
« Reply #449 on: February 08, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
I just re-read your first post on this project..

Pale yellow, yes..

Thrasher?  Not!
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...