The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Stryker CJ3A  (Read 13262 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »
Sorry I have not answered sooner. I have no idea how that shaft got galded like that. Only thing I can think of is when failed it locked up one axle and the other side kepy spining or they drug it home.
Had a chance to lay everthing out today to start reassembly. Made a video but can not load it from my Ipad to Photobucket. So you all are goong to have to live with stills. Heres everything laid out

Spider gears going back in. (note to self smaller gears have to be 180 degress opposite each other for the pin to go thru)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:25:14 PM by Birddog7 »
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »
more pic"s Slide shaft with hole in first

Spider gears in and pinned

Ring gear to carrier locktited, torqued and tabs bent.
[IMG].
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 08:33:19 PM by Birddog7 »
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:33:58 PM »
another one
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
Aghhhhhhh! Having several issuses putting axle back together. So I took it to a friend who does axle repair and upgrades for a living for rock crawler buggies. He took one look at my disassembly pic's and said it was put back together wrong by Bubba. He notice the bearing caps holding the carrier were installed wrong by looking at this pic and that would throw everthing off. The D's on the housing and blocks do not match.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:02:48 AM by Birddog7 »
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »

Gee, two years since I posted anything about Stryker. I guess I am a procrastinator. Still working on the front axle. I get side tracked working on too many Willis at one time. I decide to mount the 1157 sockets in the grill like Athawk did. I ran into a problem. I bought 2 sockets from O'Reilly's cannot get smaller bulb's to lock in. Bought 2 from AutoZone they fit and lock in. The same manufacture, # and everything. You can tell by the pictures that one has thicker end and you can not push the bulb in far enough to turn and lock. Thought you folks might like to know this if you are doing this mod.
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »
Hey I am on a roll today. It's raining here. Anybody need 16 feet of extension cord for there marker lights? Buba strikes again.  ;D I am having fun.
 

Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »
Figured you sold this one. ;D

Very interesting issue with the socket.  New stock vs. old stock?  Tolerances adjusted?  I guess it's a good thing they're cheap.  I removed and installed mine a couple times.  Broke off the tabs.  Had to go get a new one. :P

When I see your yellow, I think I'm just a little more pale.  Hard to tell in photos. :)

Hawk

2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Birddog7

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Willys
    • View Profile
Re: Stryker CJ3A
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »
Rewiring Stryker, Bubba struck again with his wiring skills. 20 ft of extension cord to wire up the head lights and running lights. Plus used the light switch hole in the dash to mount the ignition switch and drilled a new hole for the light switch. So I have some new holes to drill for the ignition switch and hi beam light.
I want to thank all you folks that post pictures of your builds. Especially Athawk11, I was able to figure out what was wrong. The harness leads were not lining up right. It looks like I have 20 to 30 ft of extension cord to rear tail lights to. I will get it right some day.  :D
Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B