My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
Your Projects
»
Your CJ-3A Project
»
1952 CJ-3A
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: 1952 CJ-3A (Read 8609 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bob W
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2309
Karma: +0/-0
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
«
Reply #15 on:
January 04, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
Quote
Wow, that's a good idea! I think the original tension roller was probably not spring loaded - just a slotted hole with a bolt arrangement. If I can find a 5"-6" diameter by 6" wide roller with some kind of bearings on an axle I can make it work.
Logged
Bob W
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
«
Reply #16 on:
January 04, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
Quote
What about something from the conveyor industry?
http://www.condrives.com/rollers/public.php?filter%5Bpart_number%5D=&filter%5Broller_type%5D=Straight&filter%5Bdiameter%5D=5.000000&filter%5Bsize%5D=1.500000&filter%5Btubing_material%5D=Plain+Steel
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
Bob W
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2309
Karma: +0/-0
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
«
Reply #17 on:
January 05, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
Quote
I'm trying to come up with something that looks original and is not too expensive. Working on a few ideas here.
Logged
Bob W
1955CJ-5
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2360
Karma: +0/-1
It wasn't always green....
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
«
Reply #18 on:
January 05, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote
Something like this might work...the price is right!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-belt-pulley-for-F12-F14-Farmall-2942-DA-/332076112610?hash=item4d51475ae2%3Ag%3AcvkAAOSwa~BYZaXV
Shipping kind of kills the deal though...
Here is another...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Farm-Tractor-Flat-Belt-Pulley-Wheel-no-1738-/232167397273
«
Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:08:58 PM by 1955CJ-5
»
Logged
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...
Bob W
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2309
Karma: +0/-0
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
«
Reply #19 on:
January 05, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
Quote
I've been looking at vintage pulleys on eBay but haven't found exactly what I want yet. I also have one here that I picked up at a flea market with a shaft and housing assembly. I just noticed that the housing is cracked. It has a babbet bearing and I think it would melt if I weld the crack.
Logged
Bob W
Reply
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
Your Projects
»
Your CJ-3A Project
»
1952 CJ-3A