The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: 1952 CJ-3A  (Read 8605 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
Wow, that's a good idea! I think the original tension roller was probably not spring loaded - just a slotted hole with a bolt arrangement. If I can find a 5"-6" diameter by 6" wide roller with some kind of bearings on an axle I can make it work.
Bob W

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:52 PM »
I'm trying to come up with something that looks original and is not too expensive. Working on a few ideas here.
Bob W

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:08:58 PM by 1955CJ-5 »
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1952 CJ-3A
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
I've been looking at vintage pulleys on eBay but haven't found exactly what I want yet. I also have one here that I picked up at a flea market with a shaft and housing assembly. I just noticed that the housing is cracked. It has a babbet bearing and I think it would melt if I weld the crack.
Bob W