The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Birddog7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
1
Hate to see you remove that engine out of there. That is a nice original setup welder. But you have to do what you have to.

2
Thanks Rick, that's what I was looking for. Now I have to go thru parts cans and find that spacer. Bought a new brake line kit try to get the short line to fit right. I figure I need a 3/8ths thick washer to clear the ubolts . The pic helped a lot.

3
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / Spacer A-8848
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:42:35 PM »
Need info on above spacer (group 24-7). It goes behind the brass brake line tee on the 3A & 3B Dana 25 axle

4
Warning do not torque the king pin bolts over 40 ft.lb.. I ended up were I stripped out one of the bolt holes.� :(� �Luckily I had another set of later knuckles. I also found out if you have the newer style knuckles with the .058 raised boss. It will also have cast in gussets behind the arm that goes to the tie rod end.




5
I have been trying to set the preload on the knuckle to between 12-16 lb. the best I can get 8lb that's with all the shims removed. I torque the bolts to 55-65 ft lbs.. On some of the bolts when I torque the bolt it feels like I am going to strip it out. What the heck am I missing.

6
Thanks for posting. Nice job another option for us. Golden Retreviers best dog you can have.

7
Been trying to set the preload. I even removed all the shims and still can move the knuckle. Could the male side of the knuckle were the bearing races go be bent? The Pax side set up ok.

8
Ryan_M, I will be using a side mount radiator up front on the front angle brackets. Will take pictures when installed.

9
Here is a test stand I builded from plans I got off ebay from Fishermanruss #331051831960


10
I am rebuilding my Dana 25, getting ready to go back together now that I have all the parts together in one place. I have been reading Jim Allen & Randy Lyman book on Differentials. I am trying to find where one would find the MHD (Master Housing Dimension) for a Dana 25 axle. That dimension is used to set the pinion depth using the pinion depth tool. Any information will be appreciated. Would it be marked on the end of the pinion. It had an after market ring and pinion. the pinion has 2136-D and 1.0'05 on the end of it.

11
JohnR, I am in the process of rebuilding my 25 too. I will let you know what my resistence is. Did you have a oil slinger behind your pinion before the bearing. I seen a oil slinger in one of my manuals but can not find it right now. I see Walcks sells one for a 25 but it will not fit into any pumpkin I ever seen. Also did you find a felt seal for your yoke?

12
Thanks guys for posting this info. Getting the 3A (Stryker) ready for the FCT and its up on jack stands. So it would be a good time to change it out.

13
FYI, On the 2A forum, a member Freddy is using a mechanical cut off switch. It's under " It was your entire fault " page 4. It has some really good pictures of how he installed it.

14
Nate, Thanks for the info and the pic of the 53 and parts you used. Ingenious use of extra worn out parts. I am trying to repair some Bubba PO problems on my 48/49. Body mounts being one of them. PO got a new tub in 2004 but did not make the effort to fit it correctly to the frame. all thread and washers ugh!

15
Garage Gnome, Would you mind listing a parts lists of what you used and where you purchased them.
That is a great setup you came up with.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6