The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Dave in Minnesota  (Read 3013 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hands_On

  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Dave in Minnesota
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »
Hey all. Hope your spring has sprung where you are. �We in minnesota have not been so lucky. I have a 1950 CJ3A with a Koenig metal hard top and �older western plow. It had a frame off resto in 1991. I believe It has an early replacement tub that is half CJ3 and half M38. working tailgate, tool notches on passenger side, full cutout for transmission access in tub. No battery box in the cowl. M38 gas tank. Etc. �The guy I bought it from plowed his driveway with it and put it back in the barn when he was done. � He lived on a gravel road that never saw salt. No holes, no patches. �Still on its first coat of paint. Super clean frame. Not a showpiece but I plow my driveway with it in winter and strip off the plow and top for summer. �Running gear and motor are correct if not original. �Anyway, why jeep? �It's a blast to plow with. I stay warmer in it than plowing with the snow blower or 4 Wheeler and when winters over, the fun doesn't end. �It starts every time I ask it to. Goes where I point it, pushes snow, and is a cool summer ride. �I have had it for a year now and have rebuilt the entire brake system. Installed seat belts, incorrect back seat. New battery .... �Now I'm rambling. �I need to add a few things to it like a replacement dash . OEM tail light(s), spare tire.... So I would like to tap some more expert minds on a few things and hope this forum will help!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:50:21 PM by Hands_On »

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:31:06 PM »
Welcome! I too have a jeep with one of those early repro bodies. It works fine for a trail rig, but that is about it! We can answer all your questions, but first, we have to see pictures!  ;)
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:14 PM »
Hello Hands_On,

I'd like to add my "Welcome" to Nate's.  And Like he said, "We like pictures."  We're anxious to see your Jeep.  It's a bit tricky to get the photos to the CJ-3A page if, like me, you're older than the computer generation, but even I figured it out with some help.  If you're not quite that old you'll get it quick.

Again, welcome, and we're glad to have you join us.  Lots of info and fun here.
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »
Welcome aboard!
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline BMIC

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Weekend Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »
Welcome Dave, my first 2A had a Western Plow... No need to angle the blade it would only turn the jeep sideways. Pictures?
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
Welcome aboard Dave.

Photos, photos, photos!!!

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Dave in Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »
Hey Dave, Welcome aboard and keep your eyes posted to your e-mail, the Northstar Chapter of the International Flat Fender Club will be sending you an e-mail in the near future announcing our spring breakfast run.  Given the beauty of our spring this year, we may need to take heated pickup trucks...
Todd
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...