Phil,
Sorry, I've been real busy lately and noticed no one has jumped in yet with opinions. Before you dig into the valves, I'd suggest a simpler direction first.
You stated newly rebuilt (at least the rings) so it hasn't been broken in yet. Seating the rings will help with excessive oil like you found.
120-130 psi is the correct compression but I can't imagine you'd see that on an engine with new rings. I also see the "within 10%" in my manual too, but that relates to rebuilding and using the crank 4 times per cylinder method (para E-106A). Use that guidance to differentiate between leaking rings or valves. I want to guess the test will show rings as yours are new.
The PCV system shouldn't cause any oil build up in the combustion chamber.
Also, a gasket shouldn't leak if it's sealing (good contact and correct torque). You can sometimes tell upon removing and inspecting a leakage from oil passages into the combustion chamber.
Have you found out anything else so far?