My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
TECH FAQ SECTIONS
»
Gearboxes and axles
»
Double lip oil seal.
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Double lip oil seal. (Read 1704 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Tchara
Posts: 0
Karma: +0/-0
Still Plays With Jeeps
Double lip oil seal.
«
on:
July 15, 2022, 11:53:56 AM »
Quote
Hi
Has anyone installed Ron Fitzpatrick double lipped oil seal? Before I install it, I want to be sure I know which way it goes in. I'm assuming the lip that protrudes from the seal goes towards the drive shaft side. Am I correct?
Logged
Rus Curtis
Willys Guru
Posts: 340
Karma: +6/-1
Retired
Re: Double lip oil seal.
«
Reply #1 on:
July 15, 2022, 10:24:11 PM »
Quote
There's a small spring around the rubber part that makes contact with the shaft (the seal). The rubber lip (where the spring is) goes towards the liquid (gear oil). There are internet pictures of this.
Logged
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C
Chuck W.
Project Jeep (Newbie)
Posts: 47
Karma: +2/-1
Re: Double lip oil seal.
«
Reply #2 on:
July 16, 2022, 12:02:25 PM »
Quote
A trick that I use is to pack a little grease into the groove around the spring, helps to keep the spring from coming out when the seal is driven into place.
Logged
1964 CJ3B "Shelby Joy"
1952 M38 w/M100 trailer
1966 M274A2
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
TECH FAQ SECTIONS
»
Gearboxes and axles
»
Double lip oil seal.