The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Firewall Clearance  (Read 581 times)

Offline aboyandhisdog

Re: Firewall Clearance
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 09:28:58 PM »
My 2 cents...since you are venturing forth to get more room at the firewall, if you have a choice, give yourself as much room as is possible for getting to those top bell housing bolts that I mentioned previously.  As long as you aren't compromising some other fitment, you will appreciate the extra room when you have to R&R your engine.
Tom

Offline zhandyside

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »
My 2 cents...since you are venturing forth to get more room at the firewall, if you have a choice, give yourself as much room as is possible for getting to those top bell housing bolts that I mentioned previously.  As long as you aren't compromising some other fitment, you will appreciate the extra room when you have to R&R your engine.

We will definitely keep that in mind! Although I'm hoping the engine gets to stay in frame for a while before it has to come out.
1951 CJ3A - Restomod in progress

Offline athawk11

• SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »
I believe Rommel is doing work with electric vehicles now. 

Here is an interesting thread from the 2A Page that gave many great hope regarding reproduction tubs.  Rommel moved on.  The improvements stopped, then came the era of regression. I believe we are still in that era.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/mdjuan-tubs_topic27368_page1.html
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A