The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Welcome patrickt  (Read 53 times)

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
Welcome patrickt
« on: November 04, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »
Welcome to the CJ DJ 3A 3B Willys Community Forum patrickt!

Tell us more about you and your Willys!

We love pics so don't be afraid to post pics of your Willys.
Here we like any kind of them!

You will find a lots of smart people here that are willing to help.
Enjoy your stay,
Pascal and all forum members

Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Offline patrickt

Re: Welcome patrickt
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 05:35:55 AM »
Hello Everyone!  I'm from the city of Manila, Philippines.  I have owned a flat fender Japanese version of the CJ3B, a Mitsubishi-Willys, for about 13 years now. I don't have an exact date on it though, because of all the apparent modifications it has been through all these decades (probably 1950's, more info for another post). I basically am an old car person, but never owned a jeep. It was also about 13 years ago, when my dad asked me if I cared for some old jeep that was not being used anymore for pulling some water tank. I was intrigued and accepted of course !
I then seeked out  advice from a guy who was about 25 years my senior. He was more than happy to help, and toured me around his jeep collection, mainly military ones, e.g. mb, m38, a mighty mite, etc.. As time passed, it/him/her just grew on me (my jeep of course 😀). Maybe it helps that I was born in 1963, and have always enjoyed old war movies and just old hollywood movies in general. That's it for now. Thanks again and catch you on the forum sometime. Patrick

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:32:52 AM »
Patrickt,
Welcome!  I saw many Mitsubishi's in Okinawa (before the internet) and had a lot of fun reading through Derek's CJ3B Page to find out more about those jeeps.  Looking forward to some images on yours.  I noticed your post on the g503 forum about your wheel cylinders.  Perhaps cross-posting here might generate some discussion on the Mitsubishi's. 

I've often wondered if the initial versions were exact copies or whether they were assembled with metric hardware from the start.  I may be wrong, but would assume the later versions were all metric.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline patrickt

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 03:53:07 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, just saw your post a few minutes ago.  I'm not familiar at all with the mitsu-willys use of measurement standards, especially that a bunch of bolts have already been changed on my jeep.  Interesting to have been in Okinawa at that time, where I imagine majority of the jeeps were Mitsu-Willys, Tall hoods galore ! May I ask if you were prior military ? Just wondering because you were in Okinawa.

Offline patrickt

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
Here's a pic of my jeep.

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
Well, that's just great.... Another post where I can't see the attachments.  Patrick, I doubt it's on your end.  I've read other threads where others clearly can see attached images but my view ends up being only the posted text.  Really weird.

Yep, USAF.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline patrickt

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 05:31:20 PM »
 I was active duty 1987-91, Mcguirre AFB. Talk to you guys soon.

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
Well, that's just great.... Another post where I can't see the attachments.  Patrick, I doubt it's on your end.

Rus, i can see the attachment. Nice Willys Patrickt by the way.

Rus, which browser are you using? You might not be only the one who cannot see the pics. Are you able to see pics in other posts?
Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Offline patrickt

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 09:01:16 PM »
Thanks Forum Master !

Offline RichardS

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »
I clicked on the picture and it blew it right up