The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Quote Button Inoperable  (Read 46 times)

Offline Rus Curtis

Quote Button Inoperable
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
When reading a thread, you may notice a button off to the far right labeled, "Quote".  That button suggests that if you want to quote that poster's words, you'd click and then respond in a window that copies that quoted post.  So far, all I have seen is a space open at the very top of my screen saying, "Loading...." but nothing ever does. 

I know this isn't a big deal as the buttons available when posting include another quote button that is a generic way to add a quote to your post (it adds "quote, /quote" within brackets where you can past the words you want to show as a quote).

This to me is minor but thought I'd mention it.
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
Re: Quote Button Inoperable
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:56:42 PM »
When reading a thread, you may notice a button off to the far right labeled, "Quote".  That button suggests that if you want to quote that poster's words, you'd click and then respond in a window that copies that quoted post.  So far, all I have seen is a space open at the very top of my screen saying, "Loading...." but nothing ever does. 

I know this isn't a big deal as the buttons available when posting include another quote button that is a generic way to add a quote to your post (it adds "quote, /quote" within brackets where you can past the words you want to show as a quote).

This to me is minor but thought I'd mention it.

Hummm...It work for me. Anyone else with the same problem?

Is it when you are not logged on?
Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 04:40:34 PM »

Quote from: Master Of The Forum on Today at at 03:56:42 PM

Yes, when logged in.  After noticing others applying correct quotes, I can go in and add everything manually to get it to work.  Just not with the quote button on the far right.

BTW, the above quote I did manually using the button just above the text window.  It works, just not "one click" in our lazy modern world....
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Offline aboyandhisdog

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 05:42:29 PM »
It works for me too.
Tom

Offline Forum Master

• Don't mess with Mr.Willys!
  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »

Yes, when logged in.  After noticing others applying correct quotes, I can go in and add everything manually to get it to work.  Just not with the quote button on the far right.

BTW, the above quote I did manually using the button just above the text window.  It works, just not "one click" in our lazy modern world....

What browser are you using?
Willys is better then Ford! Proove? They don't stample their parts for warranty.

The quality of the forum is made by the quality of the forum's people itself.

Pascal

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »

Look like even when iím not logged in and post as a guest itís still work. Iím using safari.

What browser are you using?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:25:48 PM by Forum Master »

Offline Rus Curtis

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 11:32:37 PM »
Pascal,
Interesting question.  I mostly use the dysfunctional MS IE. 

So..... I also tried Chrome and SeaMonkey.  With the other two I get the same thing on the screen.   There's an orange bar at the top and above that the word, "Loading."

The one difference is in SeaMonkey I also saw (above "Loading") a new window open saying, "You have requested a page that is only partially encrypted and does not prevent eavesdropping." 
Naturally I had to click on the Options button and from a pop up window, I have to select some stuff for Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS).  This is why I don't use SeaMonkey much.

While a few extra keyboard strokes, I can get by with manual quotes.  I can do that.  It appears that button works for others so it sounds like just me.  NBD (No Big Deal).
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C