The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Inagural Meeting Northstar Chapter IFFC  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Gunslinger

Inagural Meeting Northstar Chapter IFFC
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:27:11 AM »
Last weekend a couple of us got together for the inagural run of the Northstar Chapter of the IFFC.  Lee, Al and Marilyn, Todd and Sue, all met in St. Joseph MN for a country run.  We put on 60 miles on the afternoon, rode through St. Johns University, what a beutiful Campus, then through Collegeville, Albany, and a few other small towns.  Every jeep made the run, no breakdowns, a very fun afternoon and some great folks.  Unfortunatley Wally and PlowPusher were not able to  make it, perhaps next time.  Al drove his 46 2A with Three Point Hitch, Lee drove his 49 and I had my 50 3A.   When the colors get a little further along we'll get another run in.  Maybe we'll see some more jeeps at the Nevada Iowa jeep rally on the 22-23rd of September.

This is the cathedral at St. Johns, we stopped for pics, and just as we were leaving the bells began to toll, good sign I hope!

A little Pow Wow on the Highway.  Our route took us on a frontage road of I-94 for a bit, we looked like a three jeep parade and do believe we slowed down some of the traffic on the big road!

A look at the country side, and that is Lee behind us in his 49 2A.

When the colors turn this is a beutiful part of the country, thats Al and Marilyn in their 46 Farm Jeep, thats a pretty one!

Thats all for now, we hope to get another ride in a perhaps in mid October, before it gets too cold.  I'll post upcoming events in this section so stay tuned and don't touch that dial !
Todd
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline HillBillE

• Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Inagural Meeting Northstar Chapter IFFC
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Awesome ride!  Hopefully I'll have one of my flattys ready to roll next year!

I did drive my 'new' '52 3A home after I bought it, but that was only a one mile drive ;D

It needs some TLC before seeing any serious road time, but it's nice to see some other flat fenders in MN!

Randy
'46 CJ2A Undergoing Resto
'47 CJ2A Parts for resto
'52 CJ3A ser# 452 GB1 10197  "Ol' Sarge"
'80 CJ7 Summer Criuser
'00 TJ DD, trail rider and wheeler