The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Parts washer  (Read 1597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SteveW

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 457
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Parts washer
« on: October 01, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »
I thought there was a tool use place but can't find it. Anyway I decided to rebuild my fuel pump which was heavily oxidized and crudded. Real pain to get stuff out of it so I took the small tub from my Lyman Turbo Tumbler and used a mixture of alcohol and kerosene to clean it. It worked very well. I was not sure what would happen so I drilled 2 holes in the cover about 3/8" in case some vapors built up. Nothing happened. You do get the top streaked from fluid so it will not be clear. It tumbles items and I cleaned both parts of the body and also the glass bowls. You can adjust the amount movement of tub by how tight the hold down fitting on the threaded shaft coming up from middle.
1950 CJ3A finished. 1950 CJ3A in pieces. 1947 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Scooter 50 series

Offline SteveW

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 457
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Parts washer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:50:09 PM »
My top is warped so I should have rinsed it off but did not. It is usable but does not fit tight all the way around rim.
1950 CJ3A finished. 1950 CJ3A in pieces. 1947 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Scooter 50 series