The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: New guy with a tip  (Read 2578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mtnman37879

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
New guy with a tip
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »
I'm brand new here but I've pulled wrenches professionally for the last 45 years. I see a lot of post about stuck fasteners. NEVER-SEEZ. It need to be in your tool box and use it everywhere two pieces of metal touch. Next time you have to take her apart, she'll be easy.
https://www.amazon.com/Never-Seez-NSBT-8-Regular-Anti-Seize-Compound/dp/B000KZCU26
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:35:31 AM by mtnman37879 »
People think I go out of my way to * them off.
Trust me, It's not out of my way at all.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: New guy with a tip
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:29:09 PM »
Great tip.  Sure wish Willys Overland would have had a similar product back in the day.

I do use the Permatex version here and there.
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: New guy with a tip
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
Good idea. I used it in some places when I put my 3A together. When I took it apart I used a torch and a big hammer!!!

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: New guy with a tip
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
I also use a similar product....might also be Permatex.....I've not seen the Never-Seez but will look....

The Model A guys recommend smearing lithium grease on the INSIDE of radiator hoses before assembly......they slide on easy and are much easier to remove next time around!
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline johnrb3b

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 906
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • No such thing as too many Jeeps - well maybe
    • View Profile
    • Jeeps and stuff
Re: New guy with a tip
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »
I've been using this product for a few decades.
I've been happy with the results every time.
It's a silver paste in a brush cap can.
Part # 133K
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:46:36 PM by johnrb3b »
1946 2A - - - 1949 me - older than most of my Jeeps
1954 3B - - - 1957 Wagon - - - 2010 4-door JK
past Jeeps ---> '54 3B - no tub --- '59 3B - no engine
past addiction - VW ---> '69 bus --- '70 camper