The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: steering knuckle seal  (Read 1749 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
steering knuckle seal
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
On the steering knuckle what holds the 140 wt. oil from running back into the axle tube? The brass thrust washer? Seems like a rubber seal would be in there.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: steering knuckle seal
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:15:29 AM »
I think there is an inner axle seal in the diff housing.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline specialty

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 1952 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: steering knuckle seal
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:38:45 PM »
I have sense discovered that. I had bought seals that I thought went to seal off the axle from the knuckle side but as it turns at after looking at diagrams it's in the differential side. Thanks