My Willys 3A and 3B Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome everyone from the CJ3B!
Willys is a big family.
Home
Help
Search
Downloads
Gallery
Login
Register
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Heater
« previous
next »
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Heater (Read 2159 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
BMIC
Willys Guru
Posts: 406
Karma: +0/-0
Weekend Mechanic
Heater
«
on:
November 10, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
Quote
Just finished cleaning and painting my Harrison Heater, ordered a new heater switch and all the plumbing tap's.... Since I did not make provisions for a heater when I ordered a new wire harness a while back what is the best way to wire the heater?
Logged
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC
Ryan_M
Flatfender Master
Posts: 1704
Karma: +0/-0
Re: Heater
«
Reply #1 on:
November 12, 2015, 10:09:21 PM »
Quote
Not sure if there's a better way but I simply have a wire from the ignition switch accessory terminal to one terminal on the heater switch. The other heater switch terminal wire runs to the Harrison fan motor.
Logged
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi
athawk11
SMF Administrator
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2818
Karma: +0/-1
1949 CJ3A
Re: Heater
«
Reply #2 on:
November 12, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
Quote
I'm wired in just like Ryan.
If you want to stay with authentic style wire, I've purchased from this eBay company. He has lots of gauges and colors. Nice stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290659021984
Logged
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A
1955CJ-5
Flatfender Master
Posts: 2360
Karma: +0/-1
It wasn't always green....
Re: Heater
«
Reply #3 on:
November 12, 2015, 10:43:16 PM »
Quote
I think mine goes directly from the hot side of the ammeter to the fused heater switch...probably not the best setup, but it was like that and so I put it back the same way..
I think switched through the ignition would be better....
Logged
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...
Reply
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
My Willys 3A and 3B Community
»
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base
»
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations
»
Heater