The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Bad input shaft?  (Read 1130 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Bad input shaft?
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
I need some expert opinions on the teeth on my input shaft.� Are these teeth bad and need replacing or am I being too picky?




Also, I had a little bit of pitting on the shaft.� It is in front of the bearing and the felt seal and I'm not sure if it is a big deal or not.� It is pretty hard to see in this photo.....


One of my roller bearings looked like it had gotten caught between some gears...


My cluster gear looks worn, but according to Rick's guide I can clean it up with a file and re-use it...


Finally, a little glamour shot of the parts and pieces all cleaned up and organized..

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Bad input shaft?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
The pitting won't hurt anything but how is the race where the needle bearings go? If it is not pitted use it.