The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: New bolts/Old bolts...  (Read 1100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
New bolts/Old bolts...
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
I like the look of the old bolts, but sometimes it's not practical to re-use them, so new bolts are needed....but you can make them look old...

I bought this bottle through amazon.com, but some stores that carry gunsmith supplies have it...It is meant for brass but works on zinc and nickel..



1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline stony

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New bolts/Old bolts...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »
You can also use "Plumb Brown", more of brown rust color.
Terry
1949 CJ3A 11159 body 11225 engine 11140
On preservation vs. restoration:Roscoe Lee Brown "the Cowboys" when he met the whores on the trail:"Well, I have the inclination, but not the time”.