The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Classic ent. rear floor  (Read 2110 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Classic ent. rear floor
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
I putting a shopping list together for the parts I need for my '49. I have a question about the rear floor from classic enterprises.

Does it come with the holes for the rear seat clips?
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ent. rear floor
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
Mine did not.

The indentations are there for the footman loops, but no clip holes and no cross piece on the indents where the front legs hook...
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ent. rear floor
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:35 PM »
Ok, thanks Randy. I can cut the cross pieces off my old rear floor and weld back on the new. I can probably make a pattern too for the holes for the rear clips from my old floor.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ent. rear floor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »
I'm sure you could...

That was my plan, but I have no rear seat and the clips are pretty rusty...maybe it will be a good project once the jeep is back together....
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline Jesse

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ent. rear floor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »
Mine did not, but it was a one off so I don't know. They might cut them for you if you asked.

-Jesse
Its a jeep thing, but you would understand if you have ever lost your wallet.

Offline Rus Curtis

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 340
  • Karma: +6/-1
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Classic ent. rear floor
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
I also have the CE rear deck installed.� Great idea to keep the old floor to use as a pattern.� I too had to harvest the plates that go across the indentation for the front legs of the rear seat.� One thing I noted was the ribs will need to be altered (mashed down) where they attach so they are flush and nothing protrudes above the ribs.  Also, the step bolts that hold the body to the frame needed a square hole for me.� Minor things really but it is a stout piece of metal.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:50:20 PM by Rus_Curtis »
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C