The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????  (Read 4769 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline Jesse

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 04:15:05 PM »
I really advocate the gold hammered like I think was factory. Thought it would look stupid but it turned out great and everyone comments on it. It may be worth having the core boiled if you haven't, tried using and old one and it never worked but a clean core puts out great heat.

-Jesse
Its a jeep thing, but you would understand if you have ever lost your wallet.

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
When I "restored" my heater I pulled it all apart and pressure tested the core under water. All seemed good but it leaked immediately upon re-installation.. I took it to a radiator shop and he found two leaks. I ended up just buying a new core.  I also had the motor refurbished by an old school electric motor guy. It now works perfectly and throws a surprising amount of heat.
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline maximushuntermus

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 61
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Just Empty Every Pocket
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
I too had to put a new core in, I bought one of the stickers on the ebay link provided , thanks for posting that.