The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????  (Read 4774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ZekeD

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 218
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
Just picked up a used not abused relic......Current color = rust red


ZD
The most affectionate thing in the world is a wet dog.

Offline Comanche_County

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline ZekeD

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 218
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
Ooooh. Ooooh.   I need a Willys sticker before Im done.....   Tanks
The most affectionate thing in the world is a wet dog.

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:18 AM »
I used the silver Rustoleum "Hammered Metal Finish"and then some Rustoleum "Crystal Clear Enamel". It scratches off as well as anything else when you have to wedge the heater up under the dash for install.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:28:57 AM by Ryan_M »
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
I just took mine out.....how on earth did they get that thing in there??  

At least the fan works.... I have that same switch as Ryan_M has......
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »
I'd like to know too! I had to cut a 1/2" off the ends of the heater core tubes to get mine back in.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Quebec Jeep

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1193
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • CJ-3A 1950
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:30:03 AM »
I would say they were more patient back then.  ;)
I'm jeepcoholic!

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 08:31:17 AM »
Quote
I just took mine out.....how on earth did they get that thing in there?? �

At least the fan works.... I have that same switch as Ryan_M has......


That switch was recently purchased from Walck's. I damaged the original one in a repair effort (I'm pretty good at that). It is still on the to-do list for some day when I am really bored.

http://cj3apage.com/forum-yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1353867229/6#6
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
I'm beginning to to think that I just don't need a heater at all....or I'll cut the core tubes as Nate did before trying to wedge that thing back in........as it was I bent the end of one of the tubes getting it out.
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
You don't want to cut off too much and end up with too short of ends.  ;)
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »
I did not have to cut mine at all. Perhaps a PO did but I don't think so. I think it was an original install. I've had it in and out twice now. It's tight but it fits.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:09:07 AM by Ryan_M »
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline 1955CJ-5

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2360
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • It wasn't always green....
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:17 AM »
There just has to be an easier way to get it back in....maybe I'll "practice" a couple of times before I paint it....!
1955 CJ-5, A friend for 58 years....1951 CJ-3A, a new addition. 1929 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup...

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »
Ryan, where did you get that decal?
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:28 AM »
ebay - but i forget the seller's name.
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: What color do you paint a harrison heater?????
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »
Ok, thanks. I knew I had seen them for sale somewhere, but couldn't remember.
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted