I have a squeak in the front left break, so that prompted a service event. Due to an adjuster problem I decided to pull the drum, no problem until the outside bearing and all associated hardware was out, the drum was just hung up, tight breaks I thought, adjusted them in and used a couple cheater bars to lever the drum off, it was a little sticky but came off. Low and behold the inside bearing and the seal are still on the spindle. Nope it's not welded on, plenty of grease, bearing turns freely, but its stuck on the spindle like it went over a detente. Some pry bars and a little leverage later and both are off, spindle show no damage or discoloration, bearing turns freely and there doesn't seem to be any weird wear on the spindle. Has anyone ever see this? Any ideas? I'm wondering I'm wondering if the bearing cone was too small out of spec. Looking for some ideas.
Todd