The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Control lever tube  (Read 941 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Control lever tube
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
Gents need some council from the Willys Gurus.
I'm looking at page 157 of the jeep universal manual, part number 9 is the Control tube, I need to know how much side to side movement is acceptable in a properly installed control tube.  Mine has a bit over an inch of side to side, I think that is too much but I can't find any shims that might be missing.

I'm in the process of ripping down the brake and clutch pedal assemblies as my brake pedal has too much slop, so now is the time to fix the rest of the linkage.

Thanks
Gunslinger
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: Control lever tube
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:20:04 PM »
No worries gents, figured it out, the spring that goes inside the tube is MIA, that is where the slop is coming from.
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...