The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Factory turn signal unit  (Read 1797 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Factory turn signal unit
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
Since Carl brought up turn signals, it reminded me to ask this question about factory turn signals. I got this junk early 3B that had a factory turn signal unit on it. I know it was factory because the wiring for it was cloth and was built right into the harness. I ended up using it on my '53 because it still worked and looks awesome. Anyways, would anyone know what brand it is? I have never seen anything remotely like it. There are no marking on it either. I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Bob W

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2309
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Factory turn signal unit
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
That looks like a Guide 6002. Uncle Vin and I were just talking about these turn signal switches the other day. They appear in the 1949 Willys Approved Accessory brochure. Here's a photo of the Guide 6002 that Uncle Vin sent me.

Bob W

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: Factory turn signal unit
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
Yes, that would be it! Except mine was black with a chrome handle and a green light. I've never seen another on a Jeep. I really like the way they look with the curved handle versus a straight one like the new turn signal units for these.

Do you know how many times I took that damn thing apart to get it working? More than I can count on my hands...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:16:11 PM by garage_gnome »
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline Jesse

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Factory turn signal unit
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »
So that is a jeep part, interesting. I have one just like it and it did come from a 2a. Never wondered if it was factory until you said something

-Jesse
Its a jeep thing, but you would understand if you have ever lost your wallet.