The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: A good source (Transfer case rebuild step by step)  (Read 5456 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Macgraham

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: A good source (Transfer case rebuild step by s
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »
Does anyone know of any similar sources on the Dana 25 and the Dana 41? The photos sure made it good for me. Thanks, Doug

Offline Doug_3B

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 79
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A good source (Transfer case rebuild step by s
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
Quote
Does anyone know of any similar sources on the Dana 25 and the Dana 41? The photos sure made it good for me. Thanks, Doug

I'm glad it helped.  

I have the knuckle rebuild portion of the D-25 documented in my build thread, but its not as good as the T-90 or D-18 write ups:  http://thisoldjeep.fr.yuku.com/topic/898/Dougs-63-CJ3B-Build-Thread?page=5#.USrf2I6LE20

I literally just finished up a write up on the D-44 (I don't know how similar the 41 and 44 are), but again, it's only the ends, I didn't tear into the differential.  http://thisoldjeep.fr.yuku.com/topic/1608/D44-Rear-axle-bearingshaft-removalreplacement#.USrgfI6LE20
-Doug
1963 CJ3B - F134 Hurricane, T90C/D18, OD, D27/44, alternator
1991 YJ - 4.0, AX-15, D-30 front, Ford 8.8 rear, 4-inch lift

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: A good source (Transfer case rebuild step by s
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:01 PM »
That's a great thread Doug.  Well done.

This D18 tutorial is also terrific.  He did a really nice job of making it elementary.  Great FAQ topic.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A