Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but my understanding is that the front axles were jigged up to weld the spring perches at the corrct angle to give the designed castor to the front wheels - very little. Thus, no wedges. I don't think you'll find castor wedges on any unmolested old Willys.
A stock CJ from that era doesn't return the steering wheel to center like a modern car where you can let the wheel spin back to almost center. And my '57 Wagon REALLY needs help spinning the wheel back to center. I'm going to put a suicide knob on it. There was a reason they were popluar back in the 50s.
The cases where guys have altered castor with wedges are usually going to larger tires and other mods that tend to dictate more castor to help steering with the bigger tires.
Unless you're going to big tires, I'd leave the wedges out. Well, unless the axle has been modified. Then all bets are off.
As far as drive shaft angle, I believe you're right in that once you've got everything back together, the weight of the vehicle will bring the shaft angle to where it should be. If not, then something else has been altered on the frame or axle.
By the way, that sure if pretty looking, all cleaned up and painted. Mine should lool so nice some day. Dream on.
