Ryan,
For me, no chance of any Willys fun on Christmas. But boy would I like too.
I think I mentioned that not long after I resolved a rad cap leak, my water pump failed. There is a weep hole on the bottom of the water pump. If the leak is at this weep hole, it's time for a rebuild or a new pump.
I read a thread...I think it was either Carl or Calvin...it talked about the difficulty of a rebuild on the pump. My old pump is a GPW F marked pump. I was kind of bummed, but decided to replace it with a new one. (I do intend on trying to rebuild it eventually.) The new one is a repro. It bolted right on and has performed flawlessly. I read a little about replacements prior to pulling the trigger. It appears that the repros are built with modern internals and may actually last longer than the originals. Clearly, I won't know if this is true. I'll be long gone 60 years from now.
Merry Christmas to you. I'm going to bed.
Tim