The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Carter WO Question  (Read 1070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Carter WO Question
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »
I am in the process of rebuilding my Carter WO. �Per the Mighty Mo web site, I've cleaned and inspected. �I am currently waiting on some items from Walcks.

These photo are from the Mighty Mo site.

What you see is a nub on the bottom of the main body, and a passage on the trottle body that line up when assembled.

This does not appear to be air tight or fuel tight, but the hole exits through the lower throttle body �

What is this passage for?

My issue is that my Carter does not have the nub. �There is a small hole, flush with the flat surface.

Tim



2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Carter WO Question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:06:40 PM »
Both of the WO carbs I have torn down don't have that nub. They have a spacer between the base and top body. That hole is the air bleed hole and there should be a gasket between the base and upper body.