The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Footman loop location  (Read 2277 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Footman loop location
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
Gents,
Do any of you guys have a good idea where the footman loops are located on the back end of the 3A?  The tailgate loops are pretty clear, what I'm concerned about it the location of the ones on the body.  Do they go on the top of the top of the body like the ones on the side, or do they go on the back in line with the tail gate loops.

Pics would help
thanks
Todd
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Footman loop location
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
Hi Gun,
This is the only photo of my rear without the top on. �It is in line with the tailgate loops and splits the rear seam. �When I first got this, there was a footman loop mounted to the top edge centered on the rear tail light panel. �I did not put that one back on. �The M38 didn't appear to have one mounted there. �I believe the 3A did.

Tim

2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Re: Footman loop location
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Refer to this thread for locations of all the footman loops and pictures and diagrams...

http://cj-3a.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1293580225/14#14

I used this a lot when I had to drill holes in my repro tub and it worked great!

Mark