The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?  (Read 7570 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Matto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Nice work Tim, you really left no bolt unturned! What's the next project? Bantam trailer, Deuce and a half? There's sooo much old iron just waiting to be saved. ;D
Matt
1949 CJ3A project,1954 CJ3B weekend driver,2012 JK Rubicon DD and weekend trail rig,2016 Ford F350 for dragging cool stuff home :)

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
Hey Gun!!
The ammo can cup holder was truly 'the' defining moment in my entire build. :o  It's the details, man!!  It's all about the details!

Matt, already looking...  I had a chance at a Bantam for $250.00.  I just don't know what to look for, and got a sudden case of cold feet.   If my wife finds out, I'm am toast.  I take that back...I'm charcoal.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Chasm

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Bald Heads for Flat Heads
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »
[size=24]Sweet Tim, very sweet![/size][/color] �8-)
Jeeps are like potato chips. It's hard to stop at just one!

Offline Roberto Flores

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 40
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
Sir, I tip my hat on you!!! What a beauty!!! It�s awesome! Curiously, I have just found this one -quite similar to yours!- at EWillys.com, the excellent website of mr. Dave Eilers:

  http://www.ewillys.com/

What�s your opinion? I was shocked!!! I have been checking the markings and so in order to know if it was the same vehicle...just amazing!!! Well, good ideas ar always replicated.   ;)

Congratulations!!!
Roberto Flores
Made to order cartoons, comics...!
cartoonist & illustrator
www.robertoflores.com
CJ3B Willys-Viasa and CJ3A pile of parts

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »
Hey Roberto,
That's a great web site.  I have not seen that before.  That CJ/M38 is a nice looking rig.  I can see the similarities.  Thanks for turning me on to that site.

Chassssssmm, thanks!!  Sometime you'll have to show us how you get creative with your posts.  One other thing, I remember a post where you show us your Bantam restoration, but now I can't find it.  Could you point me in the right direction?  

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline RandyA

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 84
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
BEAUTIFUL.......Very nice work.....

Offline Bedrock

  • Willys Fan
  • **
  • Posts: 55
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
That is absolutely stunning.  For my taste, it is as nice a 3A as I have seen.   It is what I hope for my 1951 3A someday, but I would be happy if it looks half as nice as yours.  Congratulations on a great job, and thanks for the photos.

George