The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?  (Read 7574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
I don't know if these Willys Jeeps are ever totally complete. �But with the addition of the stencils, and following a two year rebirth, I'm feeling pretty good about calling it complete. �My wife and I drove it into Golden, Colorado yesterday. �We had a ball!

 







These are a few of our critters hoping to have a ride.









That's me.

Once again, Thank You to all the memebers on the 3A Page for your help and support.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline aboyandhisdog

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 760
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »
Tim,
Man, you've just gotta be thrilled with how all of your hard work has turned out.  It just looks great - I could stare at that shot of your engine for hours!
Can I ask...how did you get hooked up with the '49 Colorado plate?  I have been on the Dept. of Revenue website and didn't see those available.
Tom


Offline Ryan_M

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1704
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »
Looks great Tim! You must be thrilled to have it DONE. My Jack Russell's are officially jealous of your Boston Terriers.
Current:
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Previous:
'46 2A
'51 3A
'52 3A
'52 M38
'54 3B
East Coast Wi

Offline F Bill

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1402
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »
Wiping drool off keyboard....... :)

Really nice.
Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

Offline racer 1

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 23
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Willys Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
Wish mine looked like that!!!  Awesome work.  Very inspiring!

  Dan
1950 CJ-3A Diamond in the Rough!

Offline SAWCo69

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 462a,503a,73cj5,75cj5,533a
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »
Really good looking Jeep, love the engine shot.
Maybe someday I'll get them all running

Offline garage gnome

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1947
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Rustologist
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »
Looks great!
Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

Offline calvinhunt

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1000
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Let's keep these great American icons alive!
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »
Tim,
  Thanks for sharing pics of your drive.  In the photo with occupants it's easy to recognize General Patton in the right front with Sgt. York at the wheel, but who is that in the back seat?
Calvin
Santa Clara, Utah

Offline BMIC

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Weekend Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:03:48 AM »
Congradulations Tim, better now then the day she rolled off the assembly line.
We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

Offline bretto

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 486
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • OD 3A cousin
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:46 AM »
From you neighbor, Congrats!
Some day, hopefully this year, I can be posting the same post.
Cheers!
Brett
Brett Orem, UT� [size=14]PHOTO DIARY OF MY BUILD[/size][/URL]

Offline p3ferris

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 249
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
Looks real nice. I agree with all the above

Offline Comanche_County

  • Willys Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
That's a thing of beauty sir. Really nice!
Georgia President of the International Flat Fender Club

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 11:41:51 AM »
Nice..............I wish I knew how to type in a whistle!

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
Ah geeezz, where do I start?  Thank you to all for looking, and all the kind words.

I really enjoy the photos that you all post here.  They are both inspiring and informative.  I�m guessing you folks are the same about pictures, so I thought I would post how it turned out.    

I am not a showy guy, and not comfortable with praise, but I am proud of what I was able to do.  In all honesty, I give the 3A site a huge amount of credit for the majority of my success.  I could not have done this without you all.

On our short trip to Golden, we garnered a lot of attention. (Even though the dogs stayed home)  I think you have to be in a social mood while driving an old Willys.  You can�t just role up the windows when a moment of solitude is desired.  To just enjoy a drive with my wife isn�t going to happen.  I bet it�s the same for all MB, MC, 2A and 3A/B owners.  Clearly, this is a vehicle that people just don�t see very often.  And just like me, when I do see one, huge smiles and �thumbs ups� all around.

 I am honored to be part of a community of people that have a passion to save these old Jeeps.  The history important. The story needs be told.

Tom, I actually found the 1949 plates on Ebay.  Original, un-issued Prowers County plates, sold by a plate collector in Boulder. They were still wrapped in their original envelope. Pretty cool.  In Colorado, you have to get a real plate, but can run with a �date of manufacture� plate if the vehicle is old and you supply your own plate.  You do have to apply for permission.

Ryan, at least these Boston�s eventually run out of energy.  When do you sleep?

Calvin, I was laughing out loud when I read your comment.  Funny thing is, the names you have given really fit the dogs� personalities.  I have decided the back seat passenger is Marylin Monroe.  Very pretty, but a bit of a flake.

Bretto,  I�m watching your build. Very impressive.  Hopefully, I�m not embarrassed by mine if I ever pull up next to yours.

Once again, to all, thank you for your kind words.  Now it�s time to go get dusty and dirty on a couple Jeep gatherings.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline Gunslinger

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 942
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Cj3a, M38A1,
    • View Profile
Re: 1949 CJ3A....DONE...Really?
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Man I love the way that Ammo box pulls the whole thing together  ;D ;D
Nice job Tim, your right about the social requirements, peole just love to these, and one done as nicely as yours is special to see.
Todd
Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...