Thought I'd share a little progress.
Took the day off and worked on the jeep. Still in tear-down mode, but got the body off and cleaned what looks like 30 yrs of Georgia clay off the frame. Cleaned up the garage which makes The Boss happier too. �

Getting the body off the frame and really taking a look confirmed my fears that I've been lying to myself about saving the tub (see pix below). Too much is gone....if I got rid of the rust on what's left of the front floor there would be nothing left....the rear floor was already a roughly done replacement. So I'll save the ID plate off this one and eventually get a replacement tub.
The frame looks to be in good shape except the back end. The rear cross member was damaged at some point and some fine red-neck engineering was done. The PO welded in some angle iron to reinforce it. They also deemed it necessary to weld the tub to the frame and put a new rear bumper with tow-hitch. �:P I'll be cutting all that off and installing the new cross member from Walck's when it arrives to get back to standard.
And yes, that's a cooler of live crawfish that came today

....we're having a crawfish boil and the mud bugs will be swimmin' in da spice! Pinch the tails and suck the heads! Thems good eatin!



