The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Solex Carburetor woes continue  (Read 2004 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jeffbo1

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Solex Carburetor woes continue
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
Now i need opinions. I changed the main jet from a size 127 down to a leaner 112.5 size. The jeep really idles nicely now, but upon advancing the accelerator, if too quickly, it will stall as though it is going too lean. I could put in the old 127, and though it doesn't idle as nicely, it won't but momentarily stall and push its way through to high rpm.....easy acceleration in either case works well, but really getting on it will stall it every time. Could it be i need a larger jet than a 127? Not sure what to do at this point except maybe pull my stock carb off the shelf and see how it fairs with that....many thanks

Jeff

Offline Carls_jeep

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1746
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Solex Carburetor woes continue
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
Does a Solex have an accelerator pump?

Offline athawk11

  • SMF Administrator
  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 2818
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • 1949 CJ3A
    • View Profile
Re: Solex Carburetor woes continue
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
Hi Jeff.

I really need to do a better job of checking my email.

Mine did the same thing, but only during warm up.  Once it's warm, it's smooth as butter.  If you are having the sputters even after it's all warm, then the 112.5 jet may be too small for your current altitude.  112.5 is good for Colorado.  I am at about 5400 ft. above sea level.  I bought the 117 jet also, for fear I would lean it out too much with the 112.5.  I don't need the 117.  I could send it to you.  No Charge.

If you want it.  Send me an email with your address.

Tim
2-1949 CJ3As
1-1946 CJ2A

Offline jeffbo1

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Solex Carburetor woes continue
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Many-many thanks Tim, I just sent a PM and e-mail...I'll let yah know how it works....Jeff

Offline jeffbo1

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Solex Carburetor woes continue
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:38:45 PM »
Oh and yes in answer to another question, it does have an accelerator pump.....