The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Author Topic: Original gray seat covers  (Read 2398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Heimbig

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Original gray seat covers
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
Can anyone advise where to get a correct set of gray original style seal covers for a CJ3A.  I have the frames and the original springs but the covers are beyond saving or even getting a pattern from them.

Offline macrisel

  • Flatfender Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 639
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Always in the middle of a project
    • View Profile
Re: Original gray seat covers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
My covers came from Beachwood Canvas and I couldn't be happier.  The craftmanship is top notch and the quality is outstanding.  They are more expensive than other places though.  There are a few other places to find covers and I'm sure other members will chime in.  Also, if you take your time, you can easily do the work yourself.

Good luck!

Offline jeffbo1

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Original gray seat covers
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
Like the other response, I have "Black Canvas" seat covers all the way around from Beechwood Canvas Works. Really awesome quality and they are correct. Even though called "Black Canvas" they are really a grey color and are water resistant too...

Offline Chasm

  • Flatfender Enthusiast
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Bald Heads for Flat Heads
    • View Profile
Re: Original gray seat covers
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
The remnants of my original seat covers indicated that they were a gray vinyl, not canvas. When I re-did my seats, I had all 3 made in black vinyl from Beachwood Canvas Works. They have held up well for 6 years now.

I had Beachwood make me a "black" canvas summer top. The black canvas is actually a charcoal or dark gray in color with the edges trimmed in black and the belt tie downs in black. That canvas actually approximates the color of the bits of the original vinyl seat covers.
Jeeps are like potato chips. It's hard to stop at just one!

Offline Heimbig

  • Project Jeep (Newbie)
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Still Plays With Jeeps
    • View Profile
Re: Original gray seat covers
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
Thanks, I will use their product.

Mike